1933 – ‘Martin Knoll’ was founded in Salzburg-Morzg by the grandfather (Martin Knoll) of the current owner, Erich Knoll jun. Back then business was done with the help of horses and carts.
1938 – Motorisation began to play a role and the horses and carts were complemented with the first two heavy goods vehicles. For the duration of the war all the horses and all-but-one of the trucks were conscripted for military purposes. In 1945 hard work had to be invested to re-established the business using the one remaining vehicle. The vehicle pool was expanded by introducing old knocked together army trucks.
1952 – Operations in the heavy duty and special transportation sector were expanded upon. Based in the Alpenstraße district of Salzburg, the business was taken over by the younger son of the founder, Erich Knoll senior.
The following years saw continued expansion of the vehicle pool.
2000 - Martin Knoll moved its entire operations to Grödig to the south of the city of Salzburg. At the same time there were changes to the Martin Knoll company. The company was split up and divided into two newly founded entities; Knoll Internationale Transporte GmbH and Knoll Kranverleih GmbH. The company premises can be used for storage, in warehousing and open air. There is also a gantry crane available for loads up to 20 metric tons.
2003 – The transport accompaniment service, Schwerlast Logistik GmbH, was founded by Erich Knoll junior. Two vehicles were purchased to for transportation projects with a legal requirement to be accompanied by special vehicles.